• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Gift of warmth

MakenzMoon03

Acolyte
Like a tiger in a cage, I feel trapped. I somehow always manipulate myself into believing I'll be let out. He hasn't brought me his scraps for a week... I feel sick and hungry. I had drunk the last sips of the hot root beer I had the other day. I think, but it's always dark in here unless the lamp is on. I can't reach it. Tired again as I always was, I lied down. The last time the lamp was on, I had seen bruises on my body from the spring mattress I sleep on. I had been woken by a light shining in my eyes. Once my eyes adjusted I see an officer. Her warm hand felt like warm heaven on my arm. This room was always cold like I had been swimming in cold water for hours and never got used to it. The officer helped me sit up. She told me he was gone and I was gonna get to go home. I enjoyed the warmth from my tear fall down my face. She stood up as she helped up. She walked me through the door of the room to another dark side, but I felt like I was re-entering the room rather than exiting it. I then felt a quick jerk as when I was a kid falling asleep in bed. The second after, I saw the lamp's light flash on and his tall shadow on the floor in front of me. I blinked into the realization I had been hallucinating. I thought I was free but I was still trapped. After being trapped for so long the warmth I felt for that moment of time was a gift and in my mind a sign I'll be free soon...

Like a tiger in a cage, I feel trapped. I somehow always manipulate myself into believing I'll be let out. He hasn't brought me his scraps for a week. I feel sick and hungry. I had drunk the last sips of the hot root beer I had the other day. I think. But it's always dark in here unless the lamp is on. I can't reach it. Tired again as I always was, I lay down. When the lamp was last on, I had seen bruises on my body from the spring mattress I sleep on. I had been woken by a light shining in my eyes. Once my eyes adjusted I see an officer(you changed tense from past perfect to present). Her warm hand felt like warm heaven on my arm(now its simple past). This room was always cold like I had been swimming in cold water for hours and never got used to it(Now past, but you start the passage in present, so its difficult to tell what the timing is for all this). The officer helped me sit up. She told me he was gone and I was gonna get to go home. I enjoyed the warmth of my tear falling down my face. She stood as she helped me up. She walked me through the door of the room into darkness, but I felt like I had re-entered the room rather than exiting it. I felt a quick jerk like when a kid falling asleep in bed. A second after, I saw the lamp's light flash on and his tall shadow on the floor in front of me. I blinked with the realization I had been hallucinating. I thought I was free but I was still trapped. After being trapped for so long the warmth I felt for that moment was a gift, and in my mind a sign that I'd be soon free.