• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good, free typing website

Phonsekal

Acolyte
I'm new here so I don't know if anyone has brought up this website before but, I find it quite manageable and cool. It's called SkyDrive([https://skydrive.live.com/‎). It's created by Microsoft, and it allows you use Word, Excel Workbook, Powerpoint, Onenote notebook and excel survey for free. All you need to is to make an account, and they have an app available for android and apple products. I thought I'd share this site with everyone because I use it myself and thought it was pretty neat.

Rinzei

Troubadour
Cloud services like SkyDrive are very helpful in that you can access your information anywhere you need to. You should still keep periodic back-ups somewhere else though, in case their servers have issues. SkyDrive is helpful if you're on Windows 8 since it comes with integration already.

There are a ton of providers that do this as well, such as GoogleDrive, DropBox, Amazon Cloud. I don't know about Dropbox and Amazon Cloud, but GoogleDrive also has Office-like creating tools, which you can export as Office files like .doc, .xls, etc.

I've been using GoogleDrive to organise all my writing notes for each of my stories in separate folders - for one NaNoWriMo, I also used it as writing space for the story itself so I could take it with me on any of my devices.

EDIT: Oh, forgot one - For those favouring Apple products, there's also the iCloud for Macs and iPhones.

Last edited: