• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings and salutations!

rahilliard

Acolyte
Hey folks, I've been a lurker for years, registered at some point along the way, and posted for the first time a few weeks ago. I was in a slump for the past year or more and finally was able to get back on the ball, somewhat, and get a story out the door just this past week (fingers crossed). As a part of "getting back into the groove", I thought it was time I started communicating with more writers and this forum is pretty much one of the best places I've seen on the web.

Robby

Geo

Troubadour
Welcome, best of luck with the story, and good to know you're back in business.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met rahilliard [aka Robby]
It is good that you have decided to de-cloak.
Come in and join the throng.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hi Robby, glad you're joining us officially! I suppose you're probably already familiar with this forum, as a lurker, HA!

So by "out the door" do you mean submitted to an agent? If so, let us know how that pans out. I mean, if you want to. I personally have shared my many failures and mini-successes here, but I know that's not for everyone. Always know that we're a friendly and supportive bunch. We're always happy to help when questions arise, and wherever you are on your journey, there's someone in that exact same boat with you. Or in my case, a leaky life raft with a few intrepid allies, and we're all paddling for our lives because the sharks are circling.

Best wishes!

Incanus

Auror
Or in my case, a leaky life raft with a few intrepid allies, and we're all paddling for our lives because the sharks are circling.

Speaking of--do you think it's about time to throw some of this chum overboard and start frantically paddling the other way? Or do we wait a little longer? :)

rahilliard

Acolyte
I am not currently working with an agent. I submitted a short story to a shared world anthology and it was accepted. Currently waiting on contract. I have sold a story to the same group in the past, so not too worried about the story being dropped at this point in the process. The anthology is part of the Sha'Daa series (my previous story appears in the Sha'Daa: Facets collection) and my latest story will be published as a part of the Sha'Daa: Inked anthology. I think it will be a while before I'm ready to find an agent. Although I've sold a couple of stories, I know that each has major flaws. So, I'm still working on becoming a better writer. But, hey! Each little success counts in my book :-D

rahilliard

Acolyte
Update on story mentioned above: after two rounds of editing, the story is sold and contract signed. It should be out soon. It is not a fantasy story, but now that it is a done deal, I can move on to some fantasy writing! Story ended up being 7,090 words.