• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

Firekeeper

Troubadour
Hello, I'm Firekeeper (real name Dean)

I take my name from the main character in Jane Lindskold's Firekeeper saga, and my ambition is to be a fantasy writer. Not because of money or fame, neither of which are very likely for most writers, but simply because I have to. I have characters and worlds inside my head that bug the heck out of me, and hopefully once I get them down on paper they'll leave me alone.

However, I must refine my techniques. I have a natural gift for words and know some of the theory behind writing but I have to really put it all together. I've been on writing forums in the past but none really had much to say about the elements of fantasy, such as world building techniques and stuff like that. So, hopefully I can learn some of these things here. Sadly at this point I'm more of a taker, in that I'm here to learn and don't really have much to offer in return. Hopefully in time that will change and I'll be able to offer some advice of my own one day.

My main inspirations (other than Tolkien) are Patrick Rothfuss and Jane Lindskold.

Anyway, at the very least I hope to make some friends and discuss the greatest genre in fiction. Thanks for having me :)

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Ssshh! don't tell people they'll never be rich or famous as a writer, you'll start a riot...:p
Hello Dean AKA Firekeeper
Welcome to Mythic Scribes
There should be lots of help, support and ideas around here.
Pull up a seat and join in...

Welcome Firekeeper, to the vast forum that surrounds you. You've already seen a lot of it, and I trust it's to (or probably above) your expectations.

Welcome!

Firekeeper

Troubadour
Thanks for the welcomes and kind words. Indeed, this forum is already benefiting me, I've already acquired two new perspectives on my writing, both of which will be of great value down the road :)