• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Sherwood Forest

Ian D

Acolyte
Hi, I actually joined in 2013 but then got distracted with real life. Anyway I'm hoping to meet more folk who are into fantasy. Just to chat with like-minded people and keep up-to-date with the world of fantasy. I love all the usual stuff like LOTR, Gormenghast, Narnia, Earthsea, Tad Williams and more.

Not sure if my profile pic is showing? Can you see it?

I write for a living, so always happy to discuss the craft of writing and getting your work out there.

Hope to get chatting

Ian D

Russ

Istar
Always happy to hear from people who write for a living. What field do you write in?

Your pic unfortunately is not showing.

Lots of good stuff going on around here, feel free to jump right in. Look forward to your contribution.

Incanus

Auror
I love all the usual stuff like LOTR, Gormenghast, Narnia, Earthsea, Tad Williams and more.

Now there's a list I can get behind 100%. I love all of these. Only read the first Gormenghast book very recently--totally blew my mind. I'll get to the rest eventually, but I want to savor it. Something to look forward to.

Welcome to the site! Have at it!

Ian D

Acolyte
Hey guys

thanks for saying hi. Makes me feel a part of the place.

About my pic. i can't get it to show either. Admin sent me some instructions but I cant get them to work. Anyone know where the USER Control panel is?

Ian D

Acolyte
Hi Russ
Thanks for asking. I usually say anything they pay me for. I did journalism for a while. Today I focus on my SF series for younger readers. The Zeke Hailey books.
I write adult SF stories. Later this year I got two in an anthology as well as a contribution coming up in the next Iris Wildthyme collection. Alongside that I do reviews and interviews for the local press and a lot fo creative writing workshops, mostly on speculative fiction.
Ian Douglas - iandouglas-writer.com is my web page
Do you write?

Last edited by a moderator: