• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, hello, hello! Excited to meet you and eager to get started!

Argentum

Troubadour
Hello! :D My name is Argentum! It's been a long time since I was part of a writing forum, and I'm eager to surround myself once again with people who share my love for writing fantasy. Hoping to make some new friends and train myself to be a better storyteller.

I'm an American currently living in South Korea to teach kids to read English books and write book reports in English. Also, I've recently started teaching the kids how to write short stories.

A little about how I started writing: When I was public schooled in elementary, I was pretty much a brain dead kid. Creativity was not something I had or wanted. When I was still 12, I was homeschooled. I never read unless I had to and I don't really remember reading whole books. For some reason, the first book I picked up after leaving public school behind was Lord of the Rings and then the Sword of Shannara. Oh yes. Afterwards, I devoured books like I was starving (I still do). Anyway, I remember looking at the Sword of Shannara when I was 12 and thinking to myself, "I can do this. Writing can't be that hard." It makes me sound awfully old, but I've been writing for almost 11 years now. I am eager to learn more about writing, perfect my stories as much as possible. I am aiming to finally get serious about getting them published.

Nice to meet you! Can't wait to get to know you all. ^_^

Welcome to our forums.

I have a great buddy who teaches English in S. Korea and is now making a fortune as he built a reputation there for actually teaching the kids. From my understanding there are a lot of English-school factories out there that just give everyone good grades. He's shared a lot about the country with me and I plan to visit at some point.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Get involved in the conversation and look up all the topics that pique your interest.

Argentum

Troubadour
Oh yes, Korea is really eager to learn English. I'm not actually a real English teacher, sorta half and half.

Thank you for the welcome. ^^