• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Hello

crowgirl

Acolyte
Hey guys. Just joined the site today. I'm a member of a few other writing sites, but this is the first one I've found that's devoted entirely to fantasy, which got me really excited because all I write is fantasy. :)

I just graduated this spring with a Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, and I'm currently working on my second novel. My first one was sort of a mix between urban fantasy and high fantasy, but the second one is just high fantasy. I'm really excited to bounce ideas back and forth. I think this will be a cool site.

TWErvin2

Auror
Cowgirl,

Welcome! Good luck completing your second novel. Have you gotten your first in shape to seek an agent and/or submit to publishers?

Looking forward to crossing paths here at Mythic Scribes. (and Congrats on graduating!)

Terry

crowgirl

Acolyte
Thanks for the welcomes!

Cowgirl,

Welcome! Good luck completing your second novel. Have you gotten your first in shape to seek an agent and/or submit to publishers?

Looking forward to crossing paths here at Mythic Scribes. (and Congrats on graduating!)

Terry

I haven't whipped the first into shape yet, but I plan to start working on it again soon. It's kind of funny, but my second novel is actually the one I started working on first. I began it last summer, then had to start a new novel for a novel writing workshop class. They wanted us all to start from scratch. So I finished that one, which became my first novel with a full first draft. Now I'm back to working on my "second" one. After I finish its first draft, I'll either start revising it, or the one I did for school. Not sure which, yet.

As an update to my little introduction, I recently found out that one of my short stories has been accepted for publication by Visionary Tongue Magazine. :) They're in the UK, so you might not see any issues in stores around the states, but they've posted their past issues on their website, so you should be able to find it there. The editor said it'll be published this summer.

Thanks again for all the welcomes! :D

TWErvin2

Auror
Haha...I just noticed that you guys called her COWgirl. That's just mean.

It's CROWgirl!

:)

Yep, I misread and thus, miswrote. However being called a cowgirl isn't any worse than someone being called a cowboy. Same job and skills, just a different gender. :)

That being said, Crowgirl, will strive to type it correctly from this day forward. :D

Also, no I probably won't see a copy of Visionary Tongue Magazine over here in the Midwest (and many others in the USA may not as well), but if they do post your story, be sure to post the link! Great news and congrats!

crowgirl

Acolyte
Haha...I just noticed that you guys called her COWgirl. That's just mean.

It's CROWgirl!

:)

Lol, I didn't want to say anything. I figured they notice eventually. :)

TWErvin2 said:
Yep, I misread and thus, miswrote. However being called a cowgirl isn't any worse than someone being called a cowboy. Same job and skills, just a different gender.

That being said, Crowgirl, will strive to type it correctly from this day forward.

Also, no I probably won't see a copy of Visionary Tongue Magazine over here in the Midwest (and many others in the USA may not as well), but if they do post your story, be sure to post the link! Great news and congrats!

No problem. :)

And I'll be sure to post up a link once it's on the website. :D