• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there!

Rkcapps

Sage
Welcome Koami! Enjoy looking around and jump on in to any discussion. TCE has some great recommendations. The Princess Bride is a classic. And I've just started reading Terry Pratchett. I tried The Postmaster but didn't like it however after reading The Colour of Magic I bet I have a different opinion. Great place to start. He wasn't knighted for no talent! He has bucketloads.

I'd say Mistborn by Brian Sanderson too but really all depends on what you like. It's a bit gritty although I'd say Game of Thrones is more so.

If you write because it's fun (a great place to be, btw) then stick to that and read the same way. We can point you to what we've loved but there's no guarantee it'll suit you. And that's ok! But just expect it.

Koami

Dreamer
Welcome Koami! Enjoy looking around and jump on in to any discussion. TCE has some great recommendations. The Princess Bride is a classic. And I've just started reading Terry Pratchett. I tried The Postmaster but didn't like it however after reading The Colour of Magic I bet I have a different opinion. Great place to start. He wasn't knighted for no talent! He has bucketloads.

I'd say Mistborn by Brian Sanderson too but really all depends on what you like. It's a bit gritty although I'd say Game of Thrones is more so.

If you write because it's fun (a great place to be, btw) then stick to that and read the same way. We can point you to what we've loved but there's no guarantee it'll suit you. And that's ok! But just expect it.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll definitely put all my effort into it and continue writing and start reading all those (really nice) recommendations :D

By the way, how do I post something?

Thanks again!

Koami

Dreamer
^Do you mean add something into a post, like a link or a video? The little pictures next to the smiley face on the taskbar will let you do that.
No, I meant like posting a piece of writing. Will I always have to use the portfolio to post or publish something?