• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there!

Ben Scotton

Scribe
I'm a worlding building hobbyist looking for a community of fantasy writers and artists to learn from, share ideas with and basically hang out together (maybe spur each other on with our projects). Been reading & writing fantasy, drawing maps, illustrations and book covers on and off for most of my life. Never made a bean from it so far, but that's OK - here for the fun of storytelling.
My current project can be found at FadingRealms.com
Hope I'm posting in the right place!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

Hey, while you are still a new member, please do not include links in your posts, because they go to the security filter and we have to approve them one by one.

Your site is fine, since it's Fantasy related and not of a commercial nature. I suggest to put the link in your signature later, but for now just keep posting normally, so the system will trust you.

Thanks!

Ben Scotton

Scribe
Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

Hey, while you are still a new member, please do not include links in your posts, because they go to the security filter and we have to approve them one by one.

Your site is fine, since it's Fantasy related and not of a commercial nature. I suggest to put the link in your signature later, but for now just keep posting normally, so the system will trust you.

Thanks!
OK thanks. Appreciate the tip.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Ben, Welcome here.

Maybe try Reedsy and post as vendor. If you can make cover art, and illustrations, you may find a market there.

Ben Scotton

Scribe
Howdy Ben, Welcome here.

Maybe try Reedsy and post as vendor. If you can make cover art, and illustrations, you may find a market there.
Thanks, pmmg. I'm not here to sell my services as an artist though. That market is too saturated anyway. Most of my artwork is for my own stories.

Just here to geek out about the Fantasy genre with other writers and generally enjoy the sense of community.

Was on a lot of forums in my teens and early twenties. Have definitely missed it. Facebook and Twitter just aren't the same - too many people either shouting at each other or trying to sell something.

BearBear

Archmage
I wish I could figure out how to "hang out" here. The ppl seem nice. There's the chat but it's high energy hanging.

Babayaga321

Scribe
I'm a worlding building hobbyist looking for a community of fantasy writers and artists to learn from, share ideas with and basically hang out together (maybe spur each other on with our projects). Been reading & writing fantasy, drawing maps, illustrations and book covers on and off for most of my life. Never made a bean from it so far, but that's OK - here for the fun of storytelling.
My current project can be found at FadingRealms.com
Hope I'm posting in the right place!
Hi Ben... welcome! I'm coming back to the forum after a while, pretty much to do what you describe above. I've had my own fantasy world, Numenol, going around in my head for probably 30 years or so (even longer I'm sure!), and I was eager to complete NaNoWriMo this year to get the whole thing kicked off again. Cool website... I'm on Wordpress as well so have connected to you there. I've also done quite a bit of work in Derby for the council there with regard to its Housing Management computer system. Don't blame me if it's all gone pear-shaped now that I'm retired! Looking forward to sharing thoughts on things as we go.... Take care! - Graham. :)

Ben Scotton

Scribe
Hi Ben... welcome! I'm coming back to the forum after a while, pretty much to do what you describe above. I've had my own fantasy world, Numenol, going around in my head for probably 30 years or so (even longer I'm sure!), and I was eager to complete NaNoWriMo this year to get the whole thing kicked off again. Cool website... I'm on Wordpress as well so have connected to you there. I've also done quite a bit of work in Derby for the council there with regard to its Housing Management computer system. Don't blame me if it's all gone pear-shaped now that I'm retired! Looking forward to sharing thoughts on things as we go.... Take care! - Graham. :)
Thanks Babayaga. Been offline for a few days so only just seen your message. Great to hear there are other scribes in Derbados. I'd love to know more about your current projects. Do you have a Wordpress page? I couldn't see a link to one for you when I checked my notifications just now?