1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amyrl1n, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Amyrl1n

Amyrl1n New Member

I can’t believe I’ve found this forum, I just started writing and brainstorming a fantasy novel after not writing for several years. Brandon Sanderson brought me here, after a fashion, as I was watching one of his lectures on writing and googled a term (“pyramid of abstraction”), for which the top result was a discussion on this website.

Wayyy back in the day, I used to hardcore lurk on a forum for the Inheritance Cycles, and another writing forum called Hortorian. I was just thinking how much I missed that online community and finding this place feels like a weird but wonderful coincidence. I love reading fantasy more than anything, and I’m a third year in college. Aside from reading, I like running (I’m pretty bad at it, though) and watching movies.

I’m really excited to get to know you all :)

2. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

Hail and well-met Amyrl1n
    Good to have you here.
    Lurking is fun, but better is leaping in the deep end as swimming around.
    This is a great place to learn and share.

3. Welcome Amy! So glad you found us. :) This is a wonderful community with a lot to share and offer. I hope it will be of benefit to you as you go forward!

4. Welcome friend, this is certainly an unbeatable trove for any fantasy writer. Make yourself at home!

5. Yikes! I just realized that my spell check auto-corrected Amyrl1n to Amy and I did not catch it! My apologies!! :)