• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello~

boðisson

Hi,

You can call me Both.

I'm not sure really how to do all this but I am very happy to have found this community.

Interests? Ah- trying new sweets, rearranging my home space (it's thrilling to me), creating long lists, daydreaming about plotlines and plotholes.

I don't read much for fun anymore, since that's incorporated heavily into my 9-to-5 but that doesn't stop me from trying to consume as much fanatsy and sci-fi as I can through streaming or other means. (Has anyone else watched Lucids here?)

Anyway, please to make your acquaintance (s),
🍀

boðisson

Howdy~

Underwriting. I look at things and make an educated guess of their worth. A lot of reading and composing emails trying to get honest info.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Are you Irish?

Underwriting takes the reading fun our of you?

I am not a reader. I almost never read for enjoyment. I have an editor brain and it never turns off. Mostly, I read the stuff that come up here, or if ppl get a book out, I may buy it.

I've been out of reading for a while though, cause I am in writing mode.

boðisson

Not Irish. Not that that's a bad thing. It's in my blood somewhere, just not my brain or anything.

Also, it does. There's quite a lot of writing and reading and explaining involved in my day-to-day. Then I get home might want to read a fantasy novel that now describes a castle to me for 4 paragraphs, which may be the second time that day I've had someone try to sell me on the merits of a castle/"secondary home".

It's a shame because I love fantasy, but my job has made it easier for me to see things in my head with very little info so reading setting exposition can be absolute torture.

On the up-side. I love fantasy movies/shows, so I can still get that fix.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...Have I got a book for you. I say get that castle described in one or two sentences and move on...

You just used a clover, I thought it might be a hint.

boðisson

Well...Have I got a book for you. I say get that castle described in one or two sentences and move on...

You just used a clover, I thought it might be a hint.
It's funny because I write the way I like to read, clinically.

I think most writers advise against it but I personally love fantasy/myths that are short and/or succinct, like the ballad of Mulan or the Bible (not short, but succinct). I don't like Ernest Hemingway's topics but I love the way he wrote. I love when people tell rather than show, and I can feel my English teachers' hearts breaking when I write that.

So... I will 100% take that book suggestion if it's as you say.

🍀

Last edited: