• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Hi everyone, glad to be a part of this forum! I write epic fantasy and am currently working on getting my first novel published. I'm an English professor as my day job, so I spend a whole lot of time reading, writing, and thinking about writing

Incanus

Auror
Hey and welcome!

There is something oddly familiar about your situation. Hold on, a name is coming to me--there was a fellow named Tolkien who may have started out the same way... Whatever became of that guy...?

Hey and welcome!

There is something oddly familiar about your situation. Hold on, a name is coming to me--there was a fellow named Tolkien who may have started out the same way... Whatever became of that guy...?
Oh yeah, Tolkien. Wonder if that little fantasy world of his ever caught on :unsure:

Hi and welcome.
Weren't revels a kind of chocolate covered sweet in the UK? I now envision you as Smaug sitting atop your pile of revels, dreaming of chocolate coated dwarfs...

Lol now there's an image! I took the name from the guy who determined what could be published or performed in the Elizabethan era. But a master of chocolates is a great secondary meaning.