• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

finley_theal1en

hi! I'm Finn, and my special interest is story making!! (soo specific)
I've been working on a huge story since around 2019, and I've recently started taking it more seriously so I can bring it to life by turning them into books (and eventually into movies or such), but I honestly lack a lot of skills and knowledge to make that happen, so I'm hoping to learn and improve through these types of communities!!

My projects are set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world where magic wielders have been shut out by humans for centuries, but they're are now forced to co-exist after the "great divide" is broken (it's a bit more complicated than that, but this is the gist of it). Though right now I'm focusing on worldbuilding so I can actually plot the stories out without any issues

RSIngle

Acolyte
Welcome! Excited to see how your work flourishes. I have been world building since my teens, and I have hundreds of pages of lore, myth, magic, species, etc. I've written 2 of the 6 books I've got plotted out for the series and am working on the third. I had so much backstory I decided to write a prequel. I have not attempted publishing or even let others read my work due to fear. I'm looking forward to reaching out to others who enjoy the process and the genre. Welcome!

RSIngle

Acolyte
Thank you! I'm in the rough draft phase of my prequel book and have about 40K words thus far. I'm a mama, so finding writing time takes some discipline. I am a voracious reader though, so I'd be happy to offer feedback on anything you'd like! I can offer some ideas or be a sounding board for the world building. I tend to immerse myself into the world itself and how characters are effected by it. I guess since I'm a huge history and mythology fan. For me, it's a combo of plotting and discovery writing. I develop characters and will sometimes wonder why they think the way they do, why is this setting they're in the way it is, etc. So I guess I have kind of built this world around the characters. I was a writing student in college and have missed having like minded people to talk with. I just joined here today, so I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate!

finley_theal1en

Thank you! I'm in the rough draft phase of my prequel book and have about 40K words thus far. I'm a mama, so finding writing time takes some discipline. I am a voracious reader though, so I'd be happy to offer feedback on anything you'd like! I can offer some ideas or be a sounding board for the world building. I tend to immerse myself into the world itself and how characters are effected by it. I guess since I'm a huge history and mythology fan. For me, it's a combo of plotting and discovery writing. I develop characters and will sometimes wonder why they think the way they do, why is this setting they're in the way it is, etc. So I guess I have kind of built this world around the characters. I was a writing student in college and have missed having like minded people to talk with. I just joined here today, so I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate!
GAH that's still so cool!! And honestly it'd be awesome if you'd listen to my world build ideas:) I'm in need of a lot of help anyways, and talking to someone with experience would help so much

hi! I'm Finn, and my special interest is story making!! (soo specific)
I've been working on a huge story since around 2019, and I've recently started taking it more seriously so I can bring it to life by turning them into books (and eventually into movies or such), but I honestly lack a lot of skills and knowledge to make that happen, so I'm hoping to learn and improve through these types of communities!!

My projects are set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world where magic wielders have been shut out by humans for centuries, but they're are now forced to co-exist after the "great divide" is broken (it's a bit more complicated than that, but this is the gist of it). Though right now I'm focusing on worldbuilding so I can actually plot the stories out without any issues
Welcome aboard, good luck with the world building. Sometimes those big stories just won't stay locked in the chest any longer and you have to let them out in order to get enough peace to sleep!