• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello :)

MisaBuckley

Hi there, I'm Misa. I'm an author of speculative romance, published with Champagne Books (well, almost - my Steampunk fantasy is out next month) and I'm also a cover artist with the same.

To be honest, I'm more of a science fiction writer than fantasy, but it was the genre I read by the library as a child, devouring books like The Mists of Avalon and Tigana, as well as the obvious Tolkien and Eddings. While I've no fantasy plot for the moment, I've learnt to never say never when it comes to writing. Sooner or later, I expect that I will write dungeons and dragons :D

When I'm not writing (which is rarely) I love to watch Stargate, Sanctuary and Warehouse 13. I'm an utter sci fi geek, having grown up on Doctor Who and Star Trek, though what I love about sci fi is oddl exactly what I love about fantasy - the chance to build worlds, invent cultures and have characters that have mad adventures. I also love knitting, as well as baking. Cupcakes seem to be very popular in my house!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Misa, I Welcome you to Mythic Scribes!!

Thanks for joining our community for Fantasy writers, please feel free to explore our forums and contribute in the many threads. You will soon feel like home, this place is great =)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome fellow Trekkie!

Glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy your stay here at the Scribes.

Please let us know if we can be of any help in your writing endeavors.

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Welcome to Scribes! It's fantastic to meet another person as enthusiastic about world building as I am. Like you, I love being able to create cultures and all the works that go with it. And out of curiosity, what's your soon-to-be-published book's title? I haven't read a lot of steampunk (Just online short stories thus far), but if the synopsis looks interesting, I'll definitely put it on my "to get" list. ^^

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome! You seem very nice, and so I'll overlook your failure to mention Firefly. Just this once :)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
In Misa's defense, Steerpike, perhaps she was unaware of the gloriousness that is Firefly. While I'm sitting here with my Serenity poster still up on a wall in a room where most everything's been packed, I feel sad that she may be missing out on one of Whedon's best series. Or, maybe she forgot in her nervousness about opening up to strangers. Or, perhaps she hates Firefly and must be smacked with a wet noodle.