• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Gecks

Scribe
Wow, I'm afraid I'm not really sure what to put here. Hi, I'm Gecks. About 7 years ago when I was around 16, I first got on the internet, got super excited, and joined a bunch of internet forums. Basically this included a few fantasy-related forums, or fantasy role-play forums, most of which no longer exist, or I fell out of touch with.

Until right now, I haven't actually registered on a forum or really done any form of contact-with-other-people-online (except facebook) for a good few years now, so forgive me if I've fallen out of touch with any internet etiquette (I remember it's generally poor form to fill a whole thread with nothing but animated emoticons.. right?)

I generally have little success at writing fiction. This is because everything seems super cool in my head but becomes lame when I write it down. So I've been poking about this forum in the hopes of finding a way to help me write things so that they seem as cool on paper as they did in my head. . .

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Gecks
Welcome the Mythic Scribes
This is a helpful and friendly place with lots of support [moral and techinical] that that can be got and given. It's also a great place to waste time and add to your to-read list.

Pull up a chair
Mind the cats and the dragon.
The stew is pretty good and the beer is fresh.
Enjoy the craic.

[You are right about the emoticons:dance:]

Last edited:

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome,

Pull up a stool, relax and join in a discussion, ask a question.

Tip the waitress...with coins, as old as she is, you tip another way, she might just fall over. But hey, she can still hoist a tableful of the giant mugs, so thats all that matters. Just a warning, if she starts looking good, you've drank too much.
Best you don't ask whats in the stew...tastes great, but I made that mistake once...never look at...never mind.