• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you.

I'm Lorraine, but I mostly go by Rainey. I've been writing fantasy stories since I was about fifteen. I love talking to fellow fantasy writers and sharing ideas, problems and successes. I like to exchange writing with people to both give and receive honest opinions. I don't give empty praise, but I'm not negative either.

I've just moved (grudgingly) from Northern Ireland to South East England for a job. I'm an English teacher, but doesn't make me a good professional writer. Helps with the spelling/grammar editing though.

I finished my first novel-length piece last year but I'm no-where near ready for publication. In fact, I think about 90% of it needs to be binned. I'm not about self-promotion; I'm just about improving my craft.

So hello! I look forward to posting here :)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Rainey! We're all about improving our craft and helping others do the same. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful feedback -- I know I certainly have.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Céad míle fáilte.

That's either a welcome, or I wished a pox on your pet llama. Hopefully, the former.

We're all about improving our craft and helping others do the same. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful feedback -- I know I certainly have.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Céad míle fáilte

A hundred thousand welcomes to be precise :)

Last edited:
Thank you! After browsing the forums, I know I will.

I actually forgot to mention that I have a Masters in Medieval Literature. I'm not showing off (because it's not much to show off with) but it might be useful for anyone who has any questions. I might be able to answer them. I dealt mostly with religious texts from 1350-1500 but read quite widely beyond that.

I'm also a codicologist and paeleographer -- I studied Medieval books as objects as well as Medieval handwriting.

Last edited: