• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi/Hello/Standard Greeting Here

Eastep

After I finish consulting my thesaurus on all the different ways I could write out Hello on the topic line, I threw it away and opted for something that's vaguely witty, yet still shows that I'm suave.
Anyways, if you've stomached me so far, then you'll be happy to know that I'd like to stay. For good.

After I read through a few of the 'Hi, I'm new' threads here, I noticed everybody keeps telling us who they read... but for being a fantasy author, I don't read a whole lot of (published) fantasy!

I do a lot of online roleplay though, and once I poked through the forums here and noticed the Mythic Archipelago, I just had to register.

I'll see you all around the site, and maybe you guys could recommend some decent fantasy for me!

Kelise

Maester
Hello and welcome!

A lot of published authors say you need to be very well read in your area if you want to be published, so you might want to start working on that ;) It's a whole lot of fun as well. We have a whole forum section dedicated to fantasy novels, and many threads of our top five, top recommended and so on! Novels & Stories

Welcome to the rp as well - rp is always a lot of fun :)

myrddin173

Maester
Yay, I'm glad the Archipelago is bringing people to join this wonderful community. Feel free to chime in on the discussions going on and to contact any Editors (see the intro and rules thread to see a list) whose Island you want to help build. Also since you like to roleplay, have you checked out the Machiavel: Ambition forum. It has the potential to be a great game but we need some dedicated people to make it take off.

Angharad

Troubadour
Hi, there, Eastep! Glad to meet you. I'm an avid reader but I have never played any online games, partly because I'm afraid if I start I'd never get anything else done. Maybe I should check it out some time. Hope you enjoy it here!