• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi there

DLnight

Dreamer
Hello everyone.

As I'm sure is the same for a lot of others, one of my New Year's goals is to get back into writing. I want to write something everyday, even if it isn't much.

A little about myself. I am a 27-year-old woman. I'm married with 2 kids, and I work the Monday-Friday grind as a Service Desk Tech in I.T.

I read absolutely as much as I can in my free time. I love fantasy and romance. I don't read much YA anymore as I've gotten older, I just don't familiarize myself with the younger characters anymore.

But yeah, anything anyone would like to know just ask! :) Or if anyone would ever like to collaborate with writing, I know that always helped me as well when I was into writing more in my teenage years.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
A little about myself. I am a 27-year-old woman. I'm married with 2 kids, and I work the Monday-Friday grind as a Service Desk Tech in I.T.

Sounds like me, only I am not 27.

I started a new strategy last year, which is agree to write only one sentence a day. About to finish book 3 of a series, so...I think its effective.

Howdy and welcome here.

DLnight

Dreamer
Sounds like me, only I am not 27.

I started a new strategy last year, which is agree to write only one sentence a day. About to finish book 3 of a series, so...I think its effective.

Howdy and welcome here.
Wow I am jealous, book 3 that's awesome!
I honestly have zero ideas in my head when I sit down to write, I'm awful with plot and figuring out what I'm writing about. Hopefully making myself write something every day will get the creative juices flowing.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I do start with an idea in my head.

I have six, novel length pieces, but only three I am looking to publish. I guess the others were practice. And some shorts and novella length stuff. I think those may one day be freebies.

I have a long drive to work, so I think on my next scenes while driving, and write them at night when everyone is in bed. My only agreement with myself is I will write only one sentence, and it does not have to be a keeper. After that I can quit if I am not feeling it, but that is rarely the case. One leads to two and so on. I dont go to bed feeling like I failed, instead, I feel like I did what I promised. Small, but effective, I think.

Might you do better if you had story prompts?

DLnight

Dreamer
Well, I do start with an idea in my head.

I have six, novel length pieces, but only three I am looking to publish. I guess the others were practice. And some shorts and novella length stuff. I think those may one day be freebies.

I have a long drive to work, so I think on my next scenes while driving, and write them at night when everyone is in bed. My only agreement with myself is I will write only one sentence, and it does not have to be a keeper. After that I can quit if I am not feeling it, but that is rarely the case. One leads to two and so on. I dont go to bed feeling like I failed, instead, I feel like I did what I promised. Small, but effective, I think.

Might you do better if you had story prompts?
That's kind of what I'm doing now. This morning I wrote about 900 words on a prompt I found, and although it may not be a keeper at least I wrote something!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I get about 700 per night. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Current one is at 118K.

I am not sure how far you can go with just a prompt. If you want a novel, you'll to get ideas from it.

You say 'back into writing', what have you written before?

BearBear

Archmage
I'm still revving up to write another but then there are computer games with mods... lots and lots of mods... I have a problem.

modding-in-a-nutshell

Also join us for casual slo mo chatting in [Game] Last one to post wins!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Ah...well....

I gave up computer games a long time ago. Decided I wanted other things more. Maybe in time I will go back. Dont know.

Welcome DLnight - also a (tired) mum here, not quite in my twenties anymore but only just! Keep writing and enjoy the forum.

DLnight

Dreamer
I get about 700 per night. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Current one is at 118K.

I am not sure how far you can go with just a prompt. If you want a novel, you'll to get ideas from it.

You say 'back into writing', what have you written before?
I've honestly been writing since I was in elementary school. It started off on the (not so safe) online chat rooms with Harry Potter fanfiction and roleplay, then developed into forums and the ol' fanfiction websites. That's really what I wrote most of, was Harry Potter fanfiction. Which mainly consisted off original characters and stories just in that kind of fantasy world. I guess it was easier for me.

As I got a little older I started more of roleplay with other forums with original characters, it helped with building a story when there was someone else kind of writing it as well. Then I did a couple of short stories in high school, but into adulthood responsibilities kind of overshadowed everything and I just kind of fell off of it.

DLnight

Dreamer
Welcome DLnight - also a (tired) mum here, not quite in my twenties anymore but only just! Keep writing and enjoy the forum.
Oh I can feel the end of my 20s coming in close, hah! It makes me feel more pressured to get back into writing. I've always wanted to get a book published, it's something I've wanted to do my whole life. Just never had the plot, idea, and motive to sit down and do it.

DLnight

Dreamer
I'm still revving up to write another but then there are computer games with mods... lots and lots of mods... I have a problem.

modding-in-a-nutshell

Also join us for casual slo mo chatting in [Game] Last one to post wins!
I don't do a lot of mods, but I do play a lot of games in my free time.