• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi there

theoddsock

Hey, I'm theoddsock, or just sock, if you'd prefer.

I'm a student, currently studying english and creative writing.

I tend to write in a mix of different genres, though I've always loved fantasy the most. I've written a book, which you can find on my website if you wish. It's not a very pretty website, but the book is free so if you're interested then check it out.

It's a zombie-romance comedy, and it gently pokes fun at books/stories that I haven't liked. I wrote it two years ago, and whilst I feel like I've developed a lot as a writer since then, I'd still appreciate feedback. I've also been working on a fantasy series for young adults, I'm still only on the first book (since I keep going back and changing things) but it's taken me nine years so far. I'm currently trying to improve my grammar, and maybe cut down on how many commas and brackets I use, I seem to have a bit of an addiction to them.

Recently I've found that my love of writing has dried up a little. I'm hoping that talking to fellow writers might help me get back into it. I feel so lost inside when I'm not writing, and even when I'm taking notes in classes I can't help but think 'my wordings getting so clumsy.' And writing this is just, uh, keep using the word 'writing' so much repetition, I'm just annoying myself now.

When I'm not studying I enjoy travelling and making things, (which is a bad combination, because when I'm travelling I don't have any of my crafting equipment and that makes me sad) both of which I blog about, I also have a fashion/beauty blog.

I look forward to talking to lots of different people, and hopefully making some good friends here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome theoddsock
Pull up a seat and warm you boots by the fire.
We are as they say "mostly harmless".
I like the idea of a Zom-Rom-Com...

Hi Sock, welcome to the Scribes. You're studying what I want to study, good work with going for what you presumably want to be doing. This is fascinating place, please browse to your heart's content.