• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi

vivienne

Acolyte
Hi,
I am Vivienne and I am attempting to write fantasy for the first time. I came across this forum while looking into ways of weaving steampunk elements in a medieval world. Later, I found so many other interesting topics on medieval history that I decided to become a member!

Nice to meet you and I am excited to be here!

Hello Vivienne and welcome! Yes, there's a lot of great input to sift through here. :) Enjoy your time spent and don't hesitate to ask the community about anything you are interested in. Do you have any favorite novels/stories that capture that medieval/steampunk mash-up that you are interested in?

vivienne

Acolyte
Hi Maker of Things Not Kings! And thank you! I often find myself lost in small details when doing research, so being able to read through different Q&A threads will help fixing inaccuracies faster. I am typically interested in magical realism and stories/novels that draw inspiration from the folklore. Gabriel García Márquez is one of my favorites! I also like pieces of writing that describe the seemingly mundane in a character's life: such as every scene in The Handmaid's Tale about home interiors, foods and bath tubs. :) The steampunk theme comes from me watching Tank Girl a long time ago (and loving it).
So long story short: I would put June on a tank, take her to the middle of the desert and ask her to find the (possibly fictitious) city built by her ancestors.:giggle:

Otherwise, if you know of existent medieval/steampunk mash-ups, please let me know! :LOL:

Welcome Vivienne :) I haven't been here long but this forum has a wealth of information and a great number of people that are knowledgeable on many topics. :D