• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How to Fool an Empath?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
If the guy is really good at deceiving, he should have no problems casting off suspicion, especially if I am understanding what your "Empath" is really like. I think it sounds like a wonderful conflict, you could even use it to divide your party or cause a rift alienating someone who suspects the actor when no one else sees him as odd.. or whatever.

Thanks anihow - actually, the puppet-master is using another character to divide the party while he's "unifying" it (and the dividing character doesn't know what he's doing either), all in a very complicated effort to push one of the main characters over the edge...

Eh, that probably doesn't explain it too well. But, at the end of the book, I don't think anyone really trusts anyone else in the party, which segues into the final book of the series.

Memmorio

Dreamer
Well if the villain knows that the main character is an empath then you make said villain a character actor. They make themselves feel happy when they act happy and completely confident in the lies that they speak. The villain should feel angry when they act angry, that's really all you need to do. A lot of cool plot devices you can do with that also.

Sierra

Hello I’m new to the group! I’ve been researching on intuitive empathy to which I believe I am. I also believe that my mother is also a different type of empath! But what I really wonder is, is it possible for an empath to be misled by someone when they are seeking relationships? I’ve current come to a situation where if feel a person is using my mother abilities against her where it could become dangerous!