• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

how will it end??? help please

Ok so I'm about 11 chapters into my wip and I don't know what the ending is going to be. I mean I have a rough idea/ideas but nothing set in stone. So I thought maybe I could tell you my ideas and maybe you can point me in the right direction. Its really bothering me that I don't know the ending.

Long story very short my book is about this girl from another world who has to get rid of this evil force and to kill him she must sacrifice herself OR after she kills him she "vanishes" bc her purpose was fulfilled. This is also partly a love story.
So here are my ending ideas

Ending 1. Possession: the evil force takes over her body in the final battle and in order to kill him she must kill herself. Don't know what would happen after that though.
Ending 2. Astral projection (out of body experience): after she kills the evil one her body dies but her spirit lives on (not really a ghost) and again I'm not sure what would happen next
Ending 3. Reincarnation: after she kills the evil thing she is reincarnated into another person or (this might be real stupid) she is reincarnated into an object that her lover sees or uses daily. Like maybe his sword or a tree he always walks by.
Ending 4: the prophecy was read wrong and she won't really lose her life she will just lose the things that make life worth living.
Ending 5: after she defeats the evil one she is magically thrown back to her own world

Do you think I should have her have to kill herself or should I have her "vanish" after she defeats the evil one? Which idea did you like best? If any. I'm open to combining ideas too.

I really don't want to kill off my character and I don't want to separate her and her lover. So if I turn her into a "spirit" or a tree I'd have to some how bring her back...I guess.

Comments?

Thanks for reading this long post.

Aegrus

Scribe
If I were you, I'd probably combine a couple so that the evil force inhabits her body. She kills herself to destroy it, and her spirit lives on in a tree important to the male lead.

I have a slightly different take on this. As it is a pretty big enemy, not just the bully at the end of the road, or a corrupt official, this comes to mind.

The defeat of your enemy is worth any sacrifice.

Perhaps you can do something whereby she loses her self. Her lover still has her body, but her mind is damaged. Not vegetative, not insane, but not... her.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

V

Voldermort

Ending 1. Possession: the evil force takes over her body in the final battle and in order to kill him she must kill herself. Don't know what would happen after that though.

I like this. Normally, the hero comes into the world to correct things and then dies, leaves and a few other options. But the point is that the problem is shown to be resolved.

GLADIATOR: Maximus dies but he leaves Rome in a safe pair of hands.

LOTR: Frodo leaves but Middle Earth is safe now.