• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Is Fantasy just a name sake?

MoSSurII

Scribe
So generally speaking, I lean more towards Sci-fi over Fantasy, so would it be okay for me to upload Sci-fi content (Specifically artwork) over here, or would I recieve dirty stares?

Thanks for your guidance.

It would be unwise to dirty stare a dragon rider. I don't post artwork, so no idea what the convention is. Some of the written stuff is definitely space opera.

MoSSurII

Scribe
It would be unwise to dirty stare a dragon rider. I don't post artwork, so no idea what the convention is. Some of the written stuff is definitely space opera.
Indeed it would be unwise, and yeah, space opera seems to be the farthest thing from fantasy in most aspects, so guess I'm good to go.

Also thanks for replying to all my posts lmao, never received this much attention from a singular person before, feels good!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I'd not be surprised if some here also have some SciFi projects as well. Art is not so easy to post, but I'd say feel free.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
The name of the place is Mythic Scribes. Its emblem is a dragon. So, while SF is not shunned, it's not what I would call a leading SF site. I only write fantasy, so I'm only tangentially aware of SF sites, but I do know they exist.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am not sure there are any SciFi forums that are not also fantasy. SciFi and Fantasy as so often linked. But I do know of other pure fantasy ones. I am sure there must be some (SciFi only forums). While I really dont mind the occasional SciFi discussion, if it got to be too prevalent...I don't think it would be good for the sites purpose. As it is, SciFi comes up at times. Its not hurt us yet.

MoSSurII

Scribe
I am not sure there are any SciFi forums that are not also fantasy. SciFi and Fantasy as so often linked. But I do know of other pure fantasy ones. I am sure there must be some (SciFi only forums). While I really dont mind the occasional SciFi discussion, if it got to be too prevalent...I don't think it would be good for the sites purpose. As it is, SciFi comes up at times. Its not hurt us yet.
This low-key sounds like the cheap foreshadowing some stories use before the conflict happens and said thing which hasn't "hurt us yet" now goes and ruins everything