• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Just a quick introduction

Joseph Patrick

Hi all. So, this is a first for me. Don't tend to join too many online groups, but I figured I might as well try.

I have always been passionate about reading and in the distant past, writing too. Sadly, as often happens, life got in the way, and I found my creative urges tempered by reality. Over the last few years, circumstances have changed, and as I've tried to get things in order and avoid some of the more destructive outlets that hindered me, I've decided to try and get writing again. This is just a hobby for now, but I hope that one day, someone out there might pick up something I've written and say, 'You know what? That book wasn't entirely terrible.'

I have almost finished my first Urban Fantasy novel. I'm not sure if this group deals primarily with more epic-scale fantasy, but if anyone out there would like to read what I have written and provide some critique regarding it, I would be extremely grateful.

Welcome Joseph!

Feel free to throw up a few pages if you want people to take a look. We have all kinds of fantasy here. There is indeed plenty of epic scale fantasy going around. However, there is also enough Urban Fantasy as well. Some of the most succesful published authors here write Urban Fantasy. So you'll fit right in :)