• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Lycanz

Rexenm

Inkling
Is the offspring of a vampire and werewolf, lycan? What is their secret? Is it the call of a hero to take the sword from the stone, and slay the dragon? I ask this, because whilst there is reason in joining forces, there is reasons for tearing them apart. The lycan in the story, could feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, attracting violence, or prejudice. He could also find a mate, but is he the first? I guess when making up pronouns for the lycan, one could use it/that. They could be lazy, or hedonistic, but the call of/to order, is set upon their shoulders, to have progeny. It might be a completely different environment they need, or they could trigger a new beginning. They could be hiding in the gene pool, just waiting for a mutation.

(ps, do you think they are afraid of the light, and howl at the moon?)

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Is the offspring of a vampire and werewolf, lycan?

The first place I saw this term used was in underworld. It was just a slang word for werewolf. There was a half vamp/half werewolf in the story. I think they just called him a hybrid. It was not supposed to be possible, but...there it was.

What is their secret? Is it the call of a hero to take the sword from the stone, and slay the dragon? I ask this, because whilst there is reason in joining forces, there is reasons for tearing them apart. The lycan in the story, could feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, attracting violence, or prejudice. He could also find a mate, but is he the first? I guess when making up pronouns for the lycan, one could use it/that. They could be lazy, or hedonistic, but the call of/to order, is set upon their shoulders, to have progeny. It might be a completely different environment they need, or they could trigger a new beginning. They could be hiding in the gene pool, just waiting for a mutation.

I dont follow most of this. Generally, Vamps and Werewolfs are not considered compatible. For one to bite the other would usually be ineffective, or cause death, as the two diseases don't mix. Considering, Vampireism is an undead state, being turned into one is fatal to the host.

Such a creature is usually depicted as an abomination to both parent creatures, and its existence is usually actively alarming to each. But...you are free to write whatever you think fits the tale.

I am not sure how it would have progeny, or what they would look like. I would think its bite would not cause a disease that would cause other hybrids. He may even be sterile in that regard. To sexually procreate would seem nullified by his vampire state.

Probably to eat and survive would be its highest motivations.

(ps, do you think they are afraid of the light, and howl at the moon?)

Yes...I think light would be harmful, and moonlight would cause (perhaps) undesired transformations. But, you know, you get to make up what you like.

Rexenm

Inkling
These are interesting and lovely ideas. I wanted to write about school, for a funtime. I used to like writing about a female werewolf amongst vampires, with a lycan protector? It seemed that there were secrets in those walls.