• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Motivations

jackwilson

Dreamer
Hey all,

what were your motivations in creating this here?
Looks fun to me, but the post are a little chaotic.

I'm not sure what everyone is doing here. I just want to exchange with and get feedback from fantasy writers.
Am I in the right place?

Jack

What are our motivations for coming onto the Mythic Scribes forum?

Everyone will give you a different answer. There are some here that are long 20+ years members. It’s a fantasy and sci-fi writing forum, so I assume primarily that is the motivation, to meet some like-minded people and chit chat and discuss writing and related topics. Why are you here? And welcome.

jackwilson

Dreamer
Thanks. Still on the fence if I can do that whole writing thing. Working on my first book.
So, I am looking to exchange thoughts with and get feedback from other writers, especially to see if what I do is getting me anywhere.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Generally... I must answer...

See friends, stay connected to the industry, try to be helpful, maybe a little fun at times, and I like to problem solve, so I like stuff where people are asking questions. And to spend my time on this thing that interests me.

Forums are great to find people willing to help and answer questions. Bad, cause they are a time suck, and sometimes lead you further from your goal of completed works. I am doing well on the completed works front ATM, so I have time to pop on and off.

And sometimes, I just don't know.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
It sounds like you'e looking specifically for a critique circle. Those exist, but that's not the primary focus of Mythic Scribes. There is a whole section with several forums dedicated to writing fantasy, but as you see, there are also other areas, such as Publishing, Promotion, other fantasy media, and so on.