• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

MY daughters grown up Christmas gift

SeverinR

Vala
My daughter finished High School yesterday.
She was held back in elementary school, she will graduate with her class that she started school with in May.
She completed a year to get back the one she was held back, and completed her senior year 1 semester early.
Last semester, she was on the honor roll, I doubt she would do any worse this semester.

I love target schools. She was a C-D student in regular school, she has been on merit or honor roll since she changed schools. btw she goes to school at 9(picked up at the door with a charter bus) comes home at 1:30.
All this and no school fees or book costs, no tuition either. School tax covers everything.
Better learning, better grades, less time in school(half the time normal schools do), no tuition, no fees, no books to buy, able to learn at her pace, where is the down side? (forgot, no nasty school lunch)

Yes, she made up the year and graduated early while only going to school for 4 hours a day.
Now she is going to volunteer with Headstart to work with kids.

A double edged Chistmas present though, it means my daughter is growing up and will be moving away soon.