• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Feedly Follows

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Recently I signed up with Feedly, an RSS reader that's gaining traction with Google Reader's closure. I've never used Google Reader, but I'm enjoying Feedly.

I scoured like three dozen writing blogs. Even though the list is a little long, I only skim through an article or two a day, at most. But I appreciate having a resource set up to follow other writers. And some of the links are about finding out what's going on in the industry.

So here's the writing-related websites that I follow on Feedly, and I figure some of you can share your own list here, too.

ePublish a Book
Wordplay: Helping writers become authors
The Other Side of the Story
The Bookshelf Muse
Fantasy Review Barn
Book Promotion
Fantasy Faction
Writer Unboxed
Melville House
WritersDigest.com
The Write Practice
Lightspeed Magazine
Author, Jody
The Creative Penn
Moody Writing
Mythic Scribes
The Write Turn
Query Shark

I also listen to Writing Excuses, and very occasionally The Roundtable Podcast.

PaulineMRoss

Inkling
Thanks for pointing me to Feedly. I've been looking for a replacement for FeedDemon for a while. Now all I have to do is migrate my feeds across to Feedly... (I may be gone for some time).

PaulineMRoss

Inkling
I forgot to say thank you for the links, too - some interesting ones there. Here's one for you, a site which regularly features the first page of a submission, with the question: would you turn the page? An interesting read for those agonising over openings.

Flogging The Quill

PaulineMRoss

Inkling
An update: I've switched from Feedly to NewsBlur, which better suits my way of reading feeds, and also imported all my feeds from FeedDemon. Because of the vast numbers switching from Google Reader, the free option has been suspended, so I stumped up the $24 for a year's subscription.

As a freebie, here are two of my favourite author sites for self-publishing information:

Lindsay Buroker -- Fantasy Author
Lexi Revellian