• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My first book is now available on Kindle

Guy

Inkling
I finally got my fist book available.

Amazon.com: Triad eBook: Guy Estes: Books

I went with Amazon self-publishing pretty much through process of elimination - every year I'd gather a list of potential publishers, submit and get shot down by every one of them. Then I went through the same process with agents. After getting rejected by every single one in the western hemisphere (as far as I could tell), I was basically left with self-publishing, and before the advent of Kindle there was no way that was going to happen. Now the right conditions are in place and I decided to go for broke. I wanted to have it available last March, but getting things ready took a lot longer than I thought they would. I was very conscious of the reputation of lax standards with self-published e-books, so I scrimped and saved for editing, then I scrimped and saved again for an artist (shout out to Paul Abrams and a big thank you for my cover). I'm generally lazy and don't like to bother with things, but I'm at the opposite extreme when it comes to my writing. I get an almost Sheldon Cooper-like obsession with perfecting every last, tiny detail. But it's done, now, and I've set sail, for better or worse. Getting everything formatted and uploaded was exhausting, but once I get my momentum back I'll get a version available for Amazon's POD, and I'm mulling over Nook. Seems I'd heard Nook just about went belly up a while back, but I'll have to learn more about it.