• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Myers-Briggs

That is a good point as well. I imagine if you would test an American group of people and (for example) a Finnish group of people, the latter would be skewed toward "introversion", whereas the former would have an even divide, simply because the test is (I assume) unintentionally made with American cultural norms in mind.
Very much so, but even within 'Americans' education, socioeconomics, race, religion, gender, geography will all make a difference.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Ah yes, I didn't notice they added that aspect to the result. Seems the cookies haven't been cleared yet. I got INTJ-A.

Since astrology has been brought into the conversation...Heh, I used to be "into" astrology, decades ago, and I always thought it interesting that I was both INTP and Aquarius, given the similarities. For what it's worth.
I’m Aquarius and tested out as something different - although still introverted.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Ill stand by my results of long ago.

I was initially an INTJ mastermind, but the other one, architect, is not far off either.

I've never cared for astrology, but I am a Gemini.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
To me, the only thing Meyers-Briggs demonstrates is the human passion for categorization.

I resist this both as a historian and as an author, for the same reasons. It obscures individuality by creating pigeonholes into which we are all stuffed. Or in this case, into which we cannot resist stuffing ourselves. As a historian, my job was to study the behavior of human beings without pre-judging them. As a writer, I'm far more interested in what makes each of us distinct, even peculiar. If other writers find inspiration in M-B, more power to them. We can use all the inspiration we can find.

This is no shade on these scholars. They're social scientists and cannot help it. <g>