• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Worldbuilder Needs Guild

mudart

Acolyte
New to forum...hello to all. I'm building my first world so expect to need more help than is reasonable. Looking forward to being part of the community.

JustSpiffy

Minstrel
Welcome to the forum! I'd love to help with your world building, ask away. I'm developing my own at the moment.

If you're in the early stages I suggest you watch allot of film, read allot of books, and maybe even brush up on ancient texts. Search for inspiration anywhere you can find it. For example, I've come up with a new scene that might potentially make its way into my novel, and it was just from a single line of dialog from a movie I watched tonight. :p

"You're stronger than them!"

mudart

Acolyte
I'm such a newbie--I'm still trying to figure out the star(s) and moon(s). I took art classes instead of science, so I'm very nervous the images in my head don't mesh together. Even though it is a fantasy world, I'd like there to be a solid underpinning.

The "day" is equivalent to our dawn or dusk--atmospheric, low light. Lots of volcanoes, wind. Huge deserts...silica deserts. Sailboat-like crafts skim over dunes. That's the start!