• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nim Introduces Himself

Nim

Dreamer
Hey folks, I (Nim) am introducing myself largely as a consequence of Black Dragon's automated message encouraging me to do so.

Anywho, I found my way to this website a month or so ago after I finally left an online play-by-post community that I had been a part of for give-or-take six years, and I have since been enjoying reading the discussion threads. The advice that has stuck out to me is that the most reliable way for me to become a better writer is by writing, so I suppose my plan at this point is to starting writing a novel idea I have in my head with the expectation that the first draft will not be anything particularly remarkable. Hopefully by struggling my way through this project, the experiences I acquire and the habits I develop will lead me to eventually write something worth reading at some point before I die.

I've been impressed by what I've seen of the maturity and experience of the members of Mythic Scribes compared to the community I came from, so I look for to communicating with you when I stumble into an obstacle and plead for advice that has probably more or less already been asked twenty dozen times.

Thanks for bearing with me,

Nim

PS, is there any point in putting anything in the "Tags" dialog box that I am seeing below?

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Welcome aboard Nim, and be seeing you in the discussions to come.

Reactions: Nim

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy nim, Welcome here.

The tags help with searches. If in the future I was to search for something like... Orcs, or Iron Age, and it was something you put in the tags, it would show up. Course....garbage in and garbage out. You should only put relevant stuff there. Most probably dont use them. The search can also just search the body of the tread contents.

Reactions: Nim