• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Odd Lands Project

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
[This might fit better in the Self-Promotion forum instead. If that's the case, please move it there.]

I'd like to present my current work in progress, the Odd Lands Project. The original intent was to create a world that could be used as a setting for pen & paper role-playing games. This is still part of the plan, but it's currently an objective secondary to writing stories for the world.

The basic premise of the world is to answer the question: "What happens if a fantasy world doesn't get stuck in the middle ages, but continues to advance into something like the world of today?" The end result is something that's similar to the real world of today but with elves and dwarves and magic and dragons and other things commonly associated with fantasy worlds.

The link above leads to the front page of the site I'm using to create the world. There's also a summary page available HERE and for those of you who want to check out the stories the link to the Fiction section is HERE. I put some of the short stories together in a .mobi file which should be readable by most eBook readers (it works on my Kindle at least). Reading from a monitor screen can be a bit uncomfortable after a while.

Feedback and questions are very welcome - especially plot-holes and inconsistencies. Please poke the plot-holes and let me know when you find them and I'll try to do something about them.

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Thank you.

Also, before someone comments on it. I've included a race of short humanoids who like to live in holes in the ground with round doors. I need to change the name of them, but have yet to come up with someting good. Suggestions are welcome. :)