• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Online Writing Workshop for Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror

Bansidhe

Minstrel
Hey, guys. In stalking Ye Olde Forums, I've noticed folks looking for critiques, or requesting a published author give their assessment of a beginner's work, so I thought I'd share the following resource I've found invaluable in the past:

The Online Writing Workshop for Sci fi, Fantasy and Horror.

Writers of all levels, from hobbyists and beginners to the extensively published utilize this workshop to critique one another's work. Several debut authors have partly attributed their success to their participation in this workshop (Amanda Downum, Jodi Meadows, and Rae Carson all got three-book deals after work shopping their debut books here).

Also, there are extremely good craft articles from the resident Editors (established professionals like Elizabeth Bear), who also do monthly critiques of their own for the benefit of members. It's affordable ($6/mo), and I've found it to be a really excellent resource. The members are friendly, warm, and helpful--and always kind.

Happy writing, fellow Word Ninjas! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Yeah, that might be worth a look for several folks around here, even myself. :)

I was actually just thinking today that I might want to do something like this again down the road. Maybe not in the near future, but maybe before the year is out.

Thanks for sharing!

Dragoncat

Minstrel
I will look into this! When I have more...right now all I have is a bunch of random ideas floating around.