• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ouch! Big Book Print Costs

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
So, Trail of Pyres rings in at 714 pages in print... which puts it's minimum cost on Amazon right about what I was selling Eve of Snows for! What, oh what?! will the hardback editions cost, LOL. Stay tuned... Not far from submitting that to Ingram.

TWErvin2

Auror
How do you think the binding will hold up on such a large POD paperback? I haven't ever ordered one, so don't know.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
How do you think the binding will hold up on such a large POD paperback? I haven't ever ordered one, so don't know.
The paperback version of Betrayals is almost that big (703 pages). I haven't really checked them for wear and tear, but a friend of mine dragged a copy along when travelling. I'll check with her once she gets back to see how it held up.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Good question. The KDP books seem sturdy. The 500 pager I often flip through for reference and beat up has stayed strong, LOL.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
The hardcover I can sell at $29.99, only $7 more than paperback... If I were shopping, I’d spend the extra on that, LOL.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
At basically $30 per book, I am impressed that folks ponied up the cash for almost a book per day, not far from matching paperback sales. Oh sure, those don’t come close to digital, but always cool to see folks willing to pay for your work, LOL.