• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pat Rothfuss's New Video Series on Writing Fiction - The Story Board

Twook00

Sage
Patrick Rothfuss is now hosting a youtube series called the Story Board. It's a Geek and Sundry production where he talks with a panel of writers about fiction and the writing process.

In this episode, Pat talks with Mary Robinette Kowal, Brad Beaulieu, and Amber Benson about Characters.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjAM2XHo1g[/video]

The show is ok. they got different guests on each episodes, which can be good. However, the shows are an hour long. It would be nice if it was edited down to the gems.

I watched the one with Jim Butcher and liked it well enough. (jim looks like a hobo, buy more of his stuff!)

JCFarnham

Auror
Sooomeone called Amber Benson did. I'd have to watch this particular hang out to find out if its the same girl mind you. She'd look similar still I believe and is fairly into geekdom :)

I'm still muddling through the urban fantasy one trying to figure out why on Earth I've never heard of the women who practically invented my favourite fantasy genre in the 80s...

KimFrei

Dreamer
I love Patrick Rothfuss...

Patrick Rothfuss is now hosting a youtube series called the Story Board. It's a Geek and Sundry production where he talks with a panel of writers about fiction and the writing process.

In this episode, Pat talks with Mary Robinette Kowal, Brad Beaulieu, and Amber Benson about Characters.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjAM2XHo1g[/video]

Fabulous! I love Rothfuss... I just finished A Wise Man's Fear... I definitely trust what he has to say... :) I'm going to have to block out some time to watch this. Thanks!