• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pet

Geo

Troubadour
I would like to have a Rockbiter like Pjörnrachzarck (Never ending story, Michael Ende), because I'll never have to worry about feeding him or thinking he would die before me (in fact it could be my pet, and my children's pet, and even my grand-grand-grand children's pet) but it would be fun to have around to play and talk, and develop patience.

A V-frog (Lucky Starr series, Asimov) it's also one pet I would like to have. It would transmit the mood of anyone around me giving me a great advantage in any situation and there are also fun to watch.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Flying Bison from avatar.

I mean come on... come on. It flies, it's cuddly and if a bunch of travelling teens can take care of it, it can't be that difficult.

Geo

Troubadour

I mean come on... come on. It flies, it's cuddly and if a bunch of travelling teens can take care of it, it can't be that difficult.

Yes, yes, yes! how did I forget the flying bisons... one Appa for me please.

La Volpe

Sage
I don't know, really. Something that can take care of itself, probably, since I can't even keep a plant alive. One of the eagles from LoTR?

If I can somehow manage to become responsible enough to take care of an animal, I'd probably dig (pun intended) an Arcanine. It combines the qualities of a dog and a big cat, and it can breathe fire.

"Yip yip!"

One of the eagles from LoTR?

If I can somehow manage to become responsible enough to take care of an animal, I'd probably dig (pun intended) an Arcanine. It combines the qualities of a dog and a big cat, and it can breathe fire.

If I remember correctly some pokemon and lotr eagles are sentient. I think owning one would technically be the same as slavery.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
If I remember correctly some pokemon and lotr eagles are sentient. I think owning one would technically be the same as slavery.

Yes, the eagles in LOTR are sentient (and possibly powerful spirits on a slightly lower level than someone like Gandalf). Not a good idea to try and tame one.