• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Phoenix Rising (1996)

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I don't think I've used colored pencils since the 90's. I just got more and more into painting and recently (in the last three years) I've used almost solely gouache to paint. i might have to break out the pencils again for a bit. Thanks!

I don't think I've used colored pencils since the 90's. I just got more and more into painting and recently (in the last three years) I've used almost solely gouache to paint. i might have to break out the pencils again for a bit. Thanks!

Here are some really good CP art works. https://www.google.com/search?q=rea...653#q=really+cool+colored+pencil+art&tbm=isch

Back in the 80's CP cover art was the "thing" to do. Sadly most of it was done poorly and we were left with a generation of book covers that somehow became the "Stamp" of the genre.
I can't stand the cartoony feeling most of the Fantasy books have. I think it cheapens the genre as a whole.
I prefer something more raw, more real, and less Mickey Mouse fan club.
The pic you just posted proves we do not have to go there. Colored Pencil art can be fantastic and worthy of the genre that takes far more time and effort to produce than chick lit or thriller.