• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Posting Works On Line

Greetings, and I am very glad to find this site. I have been creating a world for years now complete with maps and characters and story lines running out my ears. My biggest challenge is when to let people see the work and how, and will it get stolen if I just post it on line. Which I know it will. What does anyone else think, and does anyone have any insight in this area?

The fear of having your work stolen online is unfounded. It takes too much work on the other person's part, and if they take ideas their interpretation will be very different from your finished product.

Sharing online is fine, just don't post it all. Some publishers care some don't. I lok forward to seeing what you're up to.

Haven't put anything up in a while, check my signature for my blog. I need to update that, but I haven't got any of my fantasy related stuff up there.

Good one. Anyway I do hope you begin your writing soon and let me see what ya got. I have a blog at: timsweblog.weebly.com and operate a writers social community at taic.mixxt.org. Hope to hear from you soon. May you have a wonderful day. Better? Ha.

Been writing for a couple years, not much to show other than two short stories on Amazon priced at $0.99, sold a grand total of 3.working on two full length novels right now. Might showcase my fantasy style one once the story gets away from sci fi beginnings and into the fantasy middle game.

JCFarnham

Auror
Stolen? I wouldn't think so.

Something you may want to consider is "first rights", some (but probably not all) publishers/magazines like to be the very first people to lay eyes on a manuscript (aside from agents and first readers). Basically, some fool of a publisher out there could refuse to publish your work if its online in full for free.

That said, the issue goes away if you take the work offline.