• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pottermore

Ophiucha

Auror
I wanted to be in Slytherin, and I ended up in Slytherin - I would have felt rather weird if I had ended up anywhere else, to be quite honest. I love the questions. They aren't easy. You can't look at the choices and say, "If I answer with that, it'll give me a point towards Ravenclaw", and that's why it is spectacular - but admittedly, as a Potterhead, a bit terrifying. Those moments while it was loading my house, I was worried I was going to end up in Ravenclaw because I answered a lot of the questions with Merlin-based answers (but, it turns out, [mild spoilers!] Merlin was a Slytherin!). I also love that there's a bit more information on wandlore in Ollivander's Shop - that's always been a topic that has fascinated me, so I'm glad to have read some of it. I can't recall my wand off the top of my head, but I know it was unicorn hair.

As for the Pottermore experience, obviously it is in beta, but I think it's alright. Not going to spend a lot of time on it, but I'll definitely go through all of the books and read the extra information, at least on the characters and places I really loved. I hope we get some more information on some of the Death Eaters, personally. Some of the little games are annoying, though. Casting a spell requires that you sort of type it out, but timed, and twice, and skipping certain letters. Rather weird. The potions is a bit finicky, as well, though again, beta. It's fun, might be more fun once there is something to do with other people, but for now I'm done until Chamber of Secrets is available.

Oh, and anyone who is in, let me know your Pottermore name. I'm SeerWalnut24!