• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Publicists

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Anyone with experience with any of these folks? I’ve been in contact with Smith Publicity, Media Matters of Finn Partners, and Brian Feinblum once of Media Matters but who has branched out on his own, and I’ve considered Beverly Bambury.

Anyone have any experience with any of these folks or other publicists?

Ned Marcus

Maester
I don't have this experience—it sounds like an expensive option. But I'm interested in how it goes if you do decide to go this route. Is their expertise in tradtional media?

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
I’m looking at several different routes with publicists, who have been adjusting to the new realities of promotion in this day and age. Traditional media, yes, but a lot of focus is on bloggers, podcasts, and reviewers along with newspapers and radio. It kind of depends on who you are and what you want. They’ll work with you on branding and marketing as well… they’re kind of becoming a little bit of hybrid publicity and marketing, depending on who you go with. The first publicist that contacted me was Finn Partners (their subdivision of Media Matters, which focuses on books) and I think that company was more traditional in its approach. Brian Feinblum has left that company and started his own thing with a lot of ala carte services, from writing press releases to getting you interviews. Frankly, he’s branched beyond what I want, but he’ll get as detailed as working on your elevator pitch with you.

Prices vary big time, but there’s seems to be a lot wiggle room. But you can imagine, if someone is working on your promotion for 3 months, it’s going to cost.

I don't have this experience—it sounds like an expensive option. But I'm interested in how it goes if you do decide to go this route. Is their expertise in tradtional media?