• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Raw rabbit

Tom

Istar
Mmm. Raw hossenfeffer.

I agree with several other posters--raw meat can be safe if handled the right way. You'd have to thoroughly gut and skin the rabbit, making sure you didn't get any body fluids or contents of the stomach/intestines on the meat. I would also drain the blood, too, before eating it, since a lot of pathogens you can acquire from meat are blood-borne. Oh, and organs. Don't eat those. Too much of a risk that they may be infected or diseased.

By the way, the girl might get worms.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Agreed: never eat organs. Pianos, maybe. An occasional accordion. But never organs. Wilderness Tip #541

SeverinR

Vala
I believe a visibly healthy animal is likely safe to eat the meat. There is some illnesses that might not be apparent and getting sick from it could happen.
I believe most tainted meat comes from how it is treated after the kill. Dirty hands, knives and surfaces. The longer the meat is left out the more stuff grows. So if she leaves the meat out in warm air, the more chance of it going bad. I think bacteria growth is best above 70f. But above freezing there is still fairly good growth.
Also if the bowel is cut or even nicked it can make a section of meat bad. In a large animal you can salvage some meat, but in a small animal, it would probably ruin alot of the meat.

Smoke will attract attention during the day, fire light by night except for this:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/eb/5e/24/eb5e2466af6b5e5e39c40bf2cdd869c0.jpg
It conceals the light under ground, if placed in the right area, it would not be noticable from very far away.

btw a single glowing cigerette can be seen for miles.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I hereby apologize to All and Sundry for having started this. It is neither great nor swell.

Malik

Auror
Defnitely time to bench this thread. It's getting tough to reed.

Although at this point we might have to remove it manually.

Change of subject: Who's up for Hammond eggs this morning?