• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Returning after a long time away. Hello to all, new and old!

Will

Scribe
Hi there people,

In 2012 I made an account on here, and after posting for several months, it appears I fell off the face of the earth. Life happened to me. In 2012 I was a young(ish) man with no real resonsibilities. The last 8 years however have been filled with "experiences", both good and bad. I am generally in good spirits, just a little more dog-eared than I was.

For the longest time I put writing on the shelf. Recent times though my life has become more settled, and I find myself returning to the "field". Right on cue I began to receive emails; newsletters, that kind of thing, from Mythic Scribes. Couldn't have came at a better time. I ignored them for a while, eventually giving in and recovering this here account. First thing I did was read through my old posts, needless to say my "old" writing styles make me cringe to no end. The naivety on show in my old writings makes my face burn up with embarrassment. I thought that stuff was passable once...

I haven't written anything creative in years though, other than a few long-winded text messages to friends. I will be breaking back in really lightly, maybe a short-short story or two, three, who knows. Anyway, that's enough rambling for now, just giving you the heads up on where I am at.

Thanks Mythic Scribes for having me once again, and I look forward to making new acquaintances and renewing old ones where possible. Hope you are all doing okay and will speak soon!

Will

Lynea

Sage
Welcome back, sir! I am fairly new to the Scribes. I must say, looking back on old drafts is a relatable thing for me too, lol. But that's all we can do, is grow smarter and do better.

How long have you been writing?

Hi will:
writing from experiences will give you a depth other writing will not- What happens in real life can guide and push you to create something real in fiction.

If you care I will make a pledge here: send me your latest work and I will take it seriously and give feedback as best I can without judgement.