• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Reverend Insanity is peak fiction

Take any expectations you have, and multiply that by fifty. You have this. Reverend Insanity possesses not only an amazing world of possibilities, and growth. But also rationality. It is so good, people will hate you for being a fan of it. Even the Chinese government has banned it. Enough said.

Rexenm

Inkling
This might actually be popular, I used to reply on a thread about Gunnerkrigg Court, now it has a forum of its own. Is it still in progress?

This might actually be popular, I used to reply on a thread about Gunnerkrigg Court, now it has a forum of its own. Is it still in progress?
If your talking about Reverend Insanity it has stopped at chapter 2334. According to the author it's his life's work and his sad that it got banned. He said he will get it unbanned but there's no telling when it will be.

Rexenm

Inkling
I have begun reading it, it seems to be fateful, rather than destined. Is it a translation?

I have begun reading it, it seems to be fateful, rather than destined. Is it a translation?
The original is in Chinese. The translation isn't bad overall but there are some errors. The best translation I found is on novelfull

Rexenm

Inkling
I am up to chapter six. A chapter each day. For the both of them - I am rereading. And, welcome back, I hope you stay! I enjoyed your banter with BJ, we all need readers, I am in fact a listener, not a writer anymore, nor reader - but I can reflect, and muse.

Rexenm

Inkling
What I notice about it is the vice. Story vice is given, but it is not taken. Is this the true reason behind the case?

Rexenm

Inkling
Well, the plot is ultra violence, and the comic vice, is ultra violence, is this why it was banned?

Well, the plot is ultra violence, and the comic vice, is ultra violence, is this why it was banned?
Nope. The reason why it was banned specifically is because of the sect system and the righteous path being hypocritical in their actions. Specifically the part where the MC talks about the top benefitting from the lower ranks is the reason China banned it.

Also it was banned because the novel contains satirical passages about President Xi Jinping and his political opponents.