• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Salutations

Jenurik Name

Dreamer
Hi, I'm a undergrad in university majoring in electrical engineering, but I've always had the writing bug. One thing I've done for years is keep a top secret log-file of sentences and pieces of descriptive imagery I came up with, and want to use in a novel of my own. I'm a voracious reader as well. I always try to understand and appreciate instances of great storytelling, for enjoyment as well as my own edification.

I'm big fan of Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria Revelations which I didn't even realize was originally self-published before being picked up by Orbit, and found that he posted here. I thought that was just so cool as well as incredibly inspiring.

I don't know too many writing enthusiasts in real life, so it's fascinating to see so many threads discussing the subject here. There are so many deep insights on the mechanics of writing, aspects of world-building, how to carry a narrative.

So... I'm really glad to have discovered this place and look forward to being part of the community!

Nimue

Auror
Hallo! Writing down those little phrases and images that come to you is a great idea--I wish I could remember to do that, but they always escape me. :p

Do you have a current piece you're working on? What's it like?

Jenurik Name

Dreamer
I do! But it's ultra top secret.

Just kidding, I do have the beginning of what I hope to be a novel. My idea is that the races of this setting were driven to extinction over the ages as a result of their hostility and isolationism, leaving humanity to face an elusive enemy alone once the false peace comes to an end. I've never written anything but essays for my classes so I'm having a lot of fun writing it.

Thanks Philster and Nimue, I appreciate the welcome!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Jenurik Name
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Learn what you need and share what you know..