• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Bios are awkward unless you're a natural self-promoter, aka not me. I'm trying to rewrite my old one now and even minor changes drive me crazy, heh heh.

The other good one happened the other day. In the back of my book I have a joke about emailing me where I say something like, "and if you're a Nigerian prince wanting to send me millions of dollars, feel free to email me" and this Goodreads reader lets me know he lives in Nigeria and he loved the joke.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Yeah, I noticed you book plays a little lose with the obligatory front and back matter. I decided not to copy you ;)

And the next question is, did that Nigerian prince have control of the funds of a rich uncle, but could only obtain it with help from you? for which, he would gladly give you a small percentage.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Loose might be an understatement, but I had fun. Yes, and I am STILL waiting on those funds. When I get them, the world will know about my books with a massive advertising wave.

Yeah, I noticed you book plays a little lose with the obligatory front and back matter. I decided not to copy you ;)

And the next question is, did that Nigerian prince have control of the funds of a rich uncle, but could only obtain it with help from you? for which, he would gladly give you a small percentage.

Redfrogcrab

Troubadour
yall I just wrote a 2367 word essay for a class, unintentionally breaking a record

It's not done yet
Update: It's done, at a total finishing ending point of 2,852 words on 11 pages (Including references)

I know that's not much for this community but this paper really took it out of me and I'm glad I'm done with it (minus editing and running originality reports)

Time to get to it I guess

Mad Swede

Auror
The best part about creative writing is I dont have to cite or create any references. I am glad I am out of that.
I'm not sure I agree with you. For the first time in more than 10 years years I've written an academic research paper which, after the usual peer review, has been accepted in a research journal and at a conference. I'd forgotten quite how much fun that could be. It is as satisfying as seeing my latest novel published, and I wonder if that is because it demands a different but in some ways equally important set of writing skills.

Redfrogcrab

Troubadour
Update: It's done, at a total finishing ending point of 2,852 words on 11 pages (Including references)

I know that's not much for this community but this paper really took it out of me and I'm glad I'm done with it (minus editing and running originality reports)

Time to get to it I guess
she's submitted, edited, revised, and checked for originality

god I'm so friggin glad to get that done

I've managed to get into the top 100 of a (very small) category on Amazon, hitting nr 74.

embed

The book has since dropped down again. But it's still fun. It took about 14 sales over 5 days to get there... I'm slowly figuring out ads. :)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
4k day today, which compared to my normal average of 500 - 1500 on a good day is... exhausting. lol But! I finished drafting a short story for an upcoming anthology and I'm even pretty happy with it. Done with 3 days to spare, even. I know! Who am I and what did I do with Lowan? 🤪

Now I'm going to go die. 😝

4k day today, which compared to my normal average of 500 - 1500 on a good day is... exhausting. lol But! I finished drafting a short story for an upcoming anthology and I'm even pretty happy with it. Done with 3 days to spare, even. I know! Who am I and what did I do with Lowan? 🤪

Now I'm going to go die. 😝
Go Lowan! Except for the die part. Don't do that. But 4k in a day is amazing. Congrats on meeting your deadline with time to spare.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
June 6, 2022-Feb 26, 2024. I have FINALLY finished typing draft 3 of book 2. Dumpster fire central. At least now I have a completed typed version to work with later.

That was wayyyy more work than I anticipated. Whew.
I know the feeling. I had a couple of books that just seemed to drag on and on...