• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Star Wars Floor Plans! Wut?!

_Michael_

Troubadour
You want 'em, I got 'em.
First up, a custom design based on the Haynes' Millennium Falcon's Workshop Manual, the Corellian Engineering Corporation's R/AD-111B.

dfn9jz2-e9332a76-0d16-43a6-b925-d56315b74df6.png

I have way more, including the Republic Consulate Cruiser, the H-Type Nubian Yacht, and my own creation, the YT-1500LT Courier-Class Shuttle. Just going to gauge interest first as I'm not sure how many Star Wars fans are on here...

_Michael_

Troubadour
Yes, all mine. I have more if you're interested. The story behind the CEC "Raider" is that CEC was vying for the Republic contract for a snub fighter against the droid armies of the Trade Federation, so they designed one specifically for anti-droid bombing/strafing runs. The ventral turret pod can also be swapped out quickly with a camera system for recon and logistics. They basically took their modularity to the next level and just slapped a cockpit between some mandibles off old YT-1300s and strapped some turbocharged engines on the back to haul ass. lol

I have a Saga Edition Star Wars write up for it. In spoilers below.
stat-block-for-r-ad-111-b-by-twowolves80-dfnax0l-fullview.jpg

I also have this...

df985kj-aa52a905-b2ff-4996-8cd8-1c9930b5cf7c.png

dfilc7e-2f381277-d4b2-4b27-97b1-a2bdb0e56239.png

_Michael_

Troubadour
Thank you! Yeah, for best results, open the images in a new tab. Then the details really pop.

How about an H-type Nubian Yacht straight out of the Complete Cross-Sections book? I dare you to line it up if you have a copy. lol

devv0pd-20bc93b3-3800-434a-8031-94c94f9134bd-2.png

_Michael_

Troubadour
When you shop in the galaxy's most wretched hive of scum and villainy, you'd better have private parking, or you're gonna have a bad day.

Docking Bay 94

def9l0r-1acc33bb-f332-4fdb-8a0d-8c1f02a81fe3.png

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I admire your passion for Star Wars to have made all that, and put in such effort. More important than the subject is you are displaying a good ability to make professional looking stuff. I'd like to share it, but I fear, for me, the Star Wars boat left with Disney. I don't think I will ever come back.

_Michael_

Troubadour
I admire your passion for Star Wars to have made all that, and put in such effort. More important than the subject is you are displaying a good ability to make professional looking stuff. I'd like to share it, but I fear, for me, the Star Wars boat left with Disney. I don't think I will ever come back.
Thank you!

#EUFOREVER

Finally! Someone who gets it about the EU! The first two projects were pet projects of mine based on EU stuff. So, they'd fit right in there, especially the Gloriy Days ship and its captain, Kryss Andano. There's a whole backstory I have written for that using Saga Edition rules. I created an empire of manumitted droids who hide in plain sight called the Ion Ascendancy that's been building their base and their fleet of ships for three centuries. Fits right into the EU and ties up some loose ends. lol

That all went away when Disney came to the fore. I can't wait to see them go belly-up.

I have no pedigree other than my own training and experimentation in CorelDraw (originally as a laser engraver who worked on $60,000 Trotecs), but I'm game if you know of some game companies that hire freelancers? I would have loved to worked for Dorian-Kindersley doing Star Wars stuff, but I'm not quite there, yet, I don't think.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Damned fine work! I pretty much consider Star Wars a 3+1 set of movies, the +1 being Rogue One. But damn, back in the day of RPGs these would have been sweet.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
A lot of RPG companies will hire out freelance artwork, or at least they did 10-15 years ago when I was closer to some folks working on stuff.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I did enjoy the EU as much as I knew of it. And I was disappointed the Z-95 headhunter never showed up in the movies.

But...Star Wars is so damaged now, I don't think it can come back. I used to love it, now it just makes me feel sad.

I dont think the Mouse will die, but they are very diminished, and I think it will take more than a generation for them to recover. If they do go under, I might find reason to celebrate it.

But...is it really them. I think movies are just dead everywhere. The medium seems to be on the way out. Video games are making them yesterdays entertainment medium. I think that will only continue.

_Michael_

Troubadour
A lot of RPG companies will hire out freelance artwork, or at least they did 10-15 years ago when I was closer to some folks working on stuff.
I wouldn't mind doing really detailed maps for a company like Green Ronin or Paizo. I did one piece I'm particularly proud of. As always, right-click to open image in new tab for best viewing results.

First-Floor.png

Second-Floor.png

Third-Floor.png

In that one, you'll notice several anachronistic items that are there by design, such as the gravity-fed flushable jakes, the hot water heater for heated baths (old wizard's bones ache and such), and the wringer-washer. lol There's even a stack of National Geographics on the shelf, though they're a bit hard to see. It's an ideal way for the wizard to fund his studies and have access to strange traders who deal in exotic ingredients and spell components.

_Michael_

Troubadour
These are so incredibly cool! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Thank you! I've been meaning to do more of them, but lately, I've been on a tear with designing this fantasy world. I'll probably get back to Star Wars shortly. I think my next project will be the Tantive IV.