• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Starting point

Rosered

Dreamer
A big hello to all Mythic Scribes,

I'm a journalist living in rural Scotland and, between flower shows, art exhibition launches and music reviews, am a writer of fantasy fiction. Not published yet and, after Benjamin Clayborne's advice for new writers to ditch epic for a short story, am having serious doubts about my nine book debut fantasy epic seeing the light of day!
Joking apart, I believe in the art of storytelling and, whether you do it well or do it badly, all authors have a tale in them that cannot help but be told.
You have to start somewhere: just follow your heart.

Rosered

Dreamer
Thank you Ireth. Have no idea what to do next or how to navigate this site but I hope to learn quickly.
Best wishes

Chime85

Sage
I'm sure you will learn quickly enough, it's a nice and easy site to navigate. Loving your thumbnail pic btw, where did it come from?

Rosered

Dreamer
I designed it but can't take all the credit. Used a Photoshop tutorial for the smoke and adapted it for the design of my début novel (which I haven't finished yet). A phase of writer's block forced me to produce something visual that would inspire me. It worked!

Welcome Rosered. Great to meet you also. I too am working on a series of books I believe in, and I live in Scotland. I am also a visual artist and work with photoshop and pen and ink. Can't wait to see your work! Cheers!

Last edited: