• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

SW: The Force Awakens

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
discussion thread
I was planning to make a discussion thread which, like the GoT thread, starts with the word "spoiler-fest." Hopefully, that will suffice as a warning to all who did not see Star Wars: It's a thread where those who saw may speak freely.

One tip: make sure you don't reveal a major spoiler in the first few words of your post. A mouse hover reveals text, the first 100 characters (or some other number since I never bothered to count).

EDIT - And based on the above post, I think I'll go ahead and make that thread now.

Last edited:

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
I will agree that there's definitely story & villain issues. That's why I'd give it a 7.5/10.

With Kylo Ren as villain though (w/o offering any spoilers) I temper my criticism for 2 reasons:

1) Kylo Ren is following THE most iconic villain of all time. A villain who was fully formed at introduction.

2) In accordance with #1, we have in Kylo Ren a villain in progress. I'll give him time to become worthy of true dark side villainy.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Okay, so two things for those of you who don't want the movie completely ruined:

#1 - Do NOT open my Spoiler-Fest thread! (My intro post is spoiler-free; assume post #2 will not be.)

#2 - Do NOT Google search ANY Star Wars VII character names! (Seriously, I just Googled one—I won't say who—and if I hadn't seen the movie yesterday, I'd be really PO'd.)