• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Blood Bargain

Sieryn

Dreamer
Okay this one isn't really typical fantasy like my other stuff but...I wanted to do something a bit different for a break.

In a nutshell:

When the world is torn apart by the living dead, the last traces of humanity regroup in the country only to be confronted with a new horror; vampires. Driven by the depletion of their food source, these vampires offer protection for the surviving humans in exchange for blood. An offer that is begrudgingly accepted, forcing the last humans on earth into an uneasy alliance with their predators.

The Blood Bargain: Macaela Reeves: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Sounds like an interesting story, though I've seen almost that exact synopsis before on a different work. Or maybe it is the same work and I'm just confused.

Sieryn

Dreamer
I don't know? I did a bit of research before I started this one and didn't find anything similar. If there is I'd love to know what it was. Or could just be me elsewhere *shrug*

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Found it: LAST BLOOD The basic synopsis is right at the top of that page. I quote: "After zombies take over the Earth, vampires must protect the last surviving humans so they can live off their blood."

Sieryn

Dreamer
I love the graphics. Completely different execution of the premise. Still, I'm going to go cry and eat ice cream for a while.

Aosto

Sage
I'm sure the execution is till original. As with nearly all novels, not everything is an original thought. We have each made our own adaptations of something that has been done over and over. Zombies and vampires are no exception to that rule.